Industrial Solar Panels For Commercial Projects
Industrial Solar Panels - The Right Technology For Your Project?
SolarEdge technology. Why would you contemplate investing in this type of technology for your organisation? When considering long term renewable projects such as Solar, the technology behind the system is crucial insuring efficiency and performance. SolarEdge offers this and so much more. http://www.solaredge.com/solutions/commercial
- MPPT per module - current & voltage adjusted per module
- Maximum power from each module individually
- 2%-25% more energy from the PV system
- Up to 11.25kWp per string
Power Optimisers Enable Installation Of
- Modules in shaded areas
- Strings of uneven lengths
- Modules in multiple orientations and different roof faces on a single string
- More power
- More revenue
Control Wherever You Go
Powering Your Business The Right Way
SolarEdge provides intelligent inverters that assist solar systems in the process of turning your businesses power from DC into AC for electricity to be generated for commercial use. SolarEdge has produced an app that gives you the freedom to keep close tabs on your solar system wherever you are. Showing you a range of different elements including; enhanced PV performance monitoring and yield assurance showing instant detection when there are any faults and even providing you with module, string and system-level alerts.
We confidently advise customers to get a SolarEdge inverter because we know their inverters are unlike any other on the market. SolarEdge inverters work to optimize power efficiency to guarantee your commercial solar PV system is working to the highest standard and unlike most, if one panel on your system is shaded and not performing properly SolarEdge optimisers work to ensure this doesn’t affect the other panels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Solar Panels Reduce My Electric Bill?
Do Solar Panels Need Servicing?
Solar panels require little maintenance especially in the winter when bad weather conditions mean the panels often clean themselves without the need to have to pay for engineers to come out and maintain them. In the summer more work may be needed to keep the panels up to standard because the dry weather means the panels have little rain so are unable to stay clean and can therefore, get quite dirty and not look as appealing. Signing up to our maintenance package means you'll pay a fixed rate for the entire year and for that get your panels annually cleaned, inspected and kept up to date to guarantee high panel efficiency.
Regular maintenance checks are especially beneficial for larger commercial solar systems because it ensures the system is operating properly with no underlying issues. Something important to regularly check with large systems because if something does go wrong it can impact the business on a large scale. If your solar panels are installed on a flat roof, they’ll need regular cleans anyway because unlike solar panels installed on a slanted array that clean themselves when rain runs down, panels on a flat roof are unable to stay clean as easy. Solar panel servicing means any potential problems can be terminated before they become any bigger and affect the functionality of the system.
Do Solar Panels Damage Your Roof?
How Long Does It Take For Solar Panels To Pay For Themselves?
How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For My Business?
How Much Do Commercial Solar Panels Cost?
What Happens To Solar Panels After 20 years?
Monitoring & Remote Maintenance Lead To:
Free Module-Level Monitoring For System Lifetime
We supply our Clients with advanced commercial solar monitoring software to keep track of your system's performance. Wherever you are in the world, the platform can be accessed through the internet via your smart phone, ensuring you keep up to date with your systems performance.
- Real-time full insight to system from anywhere
- Easy access via web browser and mobile device
- Remote monitoring and data logging
- Generation and export meter remote monitoring
- Email and text alerts
Future Compatibility & Warranty
We only use approved, high quality components, from tier-one panels, the highest efficiency inverters and right down to the nuts and bolts. This means that your commercial solar system will perform to its maximum potential for years to come.
- 12-year warranty as standard
- Upgradable software as technology develops
- Flexible design allows modules of different power classes and brands in the same string
- Lifetime free monitoring
- 25-year power optimiser warranty
In the event of a fire this is an excellent feature because when the fire service cut off AC power to the property, the inverter shuts down and stops communicating making the power optimisers and modules shut down. This means that there will not be any high voltage DC cables on the roof– one less concern for the fire-fighter. We are committed to achieving the highest standards of health, safety and environmental practice.
- No high VDC during installation or maintenance. Power optimisers and DC cables
automatically de-energise when inverter is disconnected or grid power is shut down
- Automatically de-energise when inverter is disconnected or grid power is shut down
- Remote diagnostics reduces work at dangerous heights
- Only inverter certified to IEC 60947 as a disconnection means and to VDE 2100-712
- Better suited for future insurance requirements
Solar Installations Modelling & Design
Solar Design Software
Our proposal is calculated based on several key factors including geographical location, orientation and inclination. We use state-of-the-art digital equipment to model your proposed commercial solar system: PV Sol Expert. This is the industry-leading simulation software that enables 3D visualisation and accurate shading analysis. This program considers every factor including the site´s orientation to south, angle of the pitch, and the efficiency of the proposed modules and inverters. The software measures the last 10 years of local meteorological data to give the most comprehensive performance prediction possible.
The Devil Is Really In The Detail?
We use PV Sol Expert advanced planning software to get the very best from your installation before we touch a single cable. This helps us take into account every variable that could impact on the performance of your system both now, and in the future. It helps us with problems such as:
- Define the extent to which roof objects could cause shading
- Calculate shade frequency distribution for each individual module with millimetre precision to optimise panel placement.
- Precisely customise surrounding objects with great accuracy to give you a complete and accurate picture of your solar setup.
- Produce a 3D animation of shading over a day or a year.
Is My Building Suitable ?
There are many contributing factors to a systems’ effectiveness, such as location, angle, shading etc. By far the best way to check is to have one of our experienced commercial solar surveyors visit you personally and prepare a no obligation report and quotation. Not only will this highlight your system options, it will also show the estimated generation that you can expect from your system based on accurate details prior to installation, instead of averages and ‘best case’ figures.
What Will My System Look Like ?
We’ve installed hundreds of systems of every size and will tailor a tried and tested solution with the minimum impact to your business. Installations can take as little as one day and you’ll notice immediate changes to your bills.
Energy Performance Certification
Commercial energy performance certificates are required to claim the highest rate feed-In-tariff for photovoltaic solar systems if energy is used for heating/cooling within a commercial premises. This means that some of the typical commercial buildings that house PV systems will require them and others won't. If you are unsure of where your building falls within this legislation, feel free to get in touch for further advice.
Where A Commercial EPC is Required, Empower Energy Arrange This For You
- Full trained EPC assessors
- Detailed response
- Recommendations & advice
- Calculation of U values of building efficiency
To Get Your SBEM Assessment, Empower Take Care Of The Following:
- Full details of floor plans, including building elevations, and sections - either send printed copies of plans by post to the assessor, or alternatively email drawings in. dwg or. dxf Autocad file format.
- All rooms and areas to be clearly labelled on drawings, this is used to identify the activities associated with each area (for example: offices, toilets, restaurant, lobby, hotel bedroom, gym, classroom, reception, store, warehouse, loading area etc.) General details of the building, including the building type (e.g. office block, hotel, leisure centre, restaurant, shop, library, supermarket etc.), your full address, client details, building orientation, etc.
- Full details of specification for the construction of floors, walls, ceilings, roofs, and finishes - you will need to supply either the k values of all building materials used in the construction, or the make and trade name of each material used in the construction of the building fabric (e.g. Thermalite Turbo).
- Any Accredited Construction Details (for the avoidance of thermal bridging).
- Design air permeability of building and/or building zones. Semi-exposed construction to unheated areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors, garages, basements Full window and door specifications, including frame material, width of gap, and emissivity of glass, solar shading from overhangs, mullions, etc.
- Full details and types of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, fuel types, and outline control details of the heating and/or air conditioning system.
- Full details of plant, such as boilers, chillers, heat pumps, etc., including make and model (if known), or the generic type of items of plant.
- Hot water system specification, including calorifier size, insulation to cylinder and pipes, and controls).
- Types and efficiencies of all fans, heat recovery systems, HVAC systems etc., and any ductwork leakage testing procedures.
- Full details of any fixed secondary heating, cooling, and hot water systems.
- Full details of lighting, including lamp types, the number and distribution of (lighting plans), including installed efficacies in some cases, and all lighting controls.
- Details of any additional renewable energy technology, such as heat recovery systems, solar hot water, heat pumps, wind power, photovoltaic, CHP, etc..
- Details of metering, automatic monitoring and targeting systems, associated with fuel metering, gas, electricity and water usage. (As part of asset and operational ratings).
Equipment & Warranties
Empower Energy offer market leading warranties as standard. Our premium solution offers one of the best free for the life time monitoring portals within the market place today, allowing full transparency and an understanding on what your system is generating in real time.
With Solar panel warranties, it’s important to understand how each panel is performing and will allow for a greater understanding on the performance of each panel. Typically, Solar Panels have two warranties, a 10-year product warranty which covers the panel should any failure occur and also a 20-year performance warranty.
Up To 25% More Energy
- Increased energy yield & faster return on investment through module-level MPPT
- No module power mismatch loss
- No partial shading loss
- No soiling mismatch loss
- No ageing mismatch loss
- Full visibility of system performance & remote troubleshooting
- Module-level performance data
- Presentation of complete system on virtual site map
- Automatic alerts on system issues
- Easy access via web browser from computer or smartphone
- Maximum space utilisation with minimum design time
- Modules on different orientation and pitch on the same string
- Different module types in a single string
- Strings of different lengths connected to same inverter
- Longer strings - up to 50 modules per string
Safe DC™ - DC Safety
- Safety during installation, maintenance, firefighting & other emergencies
- Installation: safe string voltage - until inverter & AC supply are turned on
- Maintenance: safe string voltage - automatic once inverter is turned off
- Automatic alerts on system issues
- Emergency: safe string voltage - automatic after grid disconnection
Solaredge Live Monitoring System
Empower Case Study
New Life Church
Key FactsInstalled August 2017
Size 50 KWp
Inverter SolarEdge SE25KW inverter
Optimiser SolarEdge P600 optimisers
Basingstoke Fire Station
Key FactsInstalled July 2017
Size 24.84 KWp
Panels Used Panel Solarworld
Projected Output 20,959 KWH
CO2 Reduction 12,575 Kg / year
Annual Savings £3,328