Engineer, CAD technician, Project Design Engineer
Empower Energy is a Renewable and Electrical Contracting Company based in Verwood in Dorset and working across the South of England. Specialising in the bespoke design and installation of Electrical Systems, LED lighting upgrades and Solar PV installations, an office based role has become vacant working as part of our design and implementation team, supporting our sales teams with system designs and layouts, our project delivery teams with working designs and drawings and office based organisation of our existing systems operations and maintenance.
Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team, the role is diverse and dynamic and will offer great training, insight and experience in this exciting sector.Role Purpose
Creating integrated designs, supporting the delivery of solar, lighting and electrical projects and reinforcing Empower Energy as a technically competent and reliable service provider. Working in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.Key Responsibilities
- Working as part of a project team and taking direction in order to deliver projects from inception to completion.
- Undertaking detailed tasks for the design of solar, including schematics, string designs, ballast calculations, shading analysis and mounting orders.
- Designing LED lighting and electrical systems ensuring the correct products are selected for the given project.
- Verify data from a number of solar monitoring systems. This will be cross-matched with reports from the fault ticketing system and uploaded to our reporting system.
- Updating repairs in the CRM and following up on them until resolved.
- Developing and producing engineering specifications, equipment schedules and drawings ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met.
- Ensuring open communication among all project team members ensuring feedback is provided and acted upon efficiently in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service.
- DNO applications as required.
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others on Microsoft office and other approved software.
- Occasionally attending, along with a Senior Engineer, design team meetings, design workshops, client meetings, site meetings.
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualification in engineering discipline.
- Fully trained in AutoCAD is essential. Experience in the industry specific software such as PV Sol, PV Syst, Dialux and Relux is useful but can soon be learnt on the job if necessary.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Desire to gain understanding and developing a career in the electrical and renewable sector.
- Strong excel, data visualisation and reporting skills.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional, personable and competent manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to learn in a team-based environment.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage and prioritise workload to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Experience of working to timescales and deadlines.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Empower Energy strongly encourage advancement to help its employees achieve the very best they can. We look for people graduating from an BEng degree or similar, looking to the future, gaining valuable knowledge in the sector that we specialise in with excellent future career prospects.
Starting salary negotiable depending on experience.If you are interested, please email us with a CV with a covering letter stating why you would be an excellent applicant for the role.