Rugby Pitch Lighting
Give Your Rugby Club A Competitive Edge
The Rugby Football Union states that rugby flood lights, particularly LED sports lighting should be bright and uniform. The lighting should provide uniform illumination over the full pitch. It should also ensure that the full flight of the ball is visible while providing good viewing conditions for players, officials and spectators.
Because recreational rugby and training is usually played in the evening after work, effective lighting maximises the opportunity for people to take part in the game.
Although the lighting level will obviously be lower than for broadcasted matches, the lighting quality should remain high in terms of uniformity, visual comfort and limitation of obtrusive light, especially in residential areas where sports fields are often located.
LED Sports Lighting From Philips
Sports lighting systems from Philips reduce energy consumption and minimize light pollution and overspill. The result? Happier club members, surrounded residents, and facility owners - who enjoy the low energy bills. Whether illumination is needed for an indoor or outdoor facility, each project is unique due to the variety of stakeholders involved in the process.
Cost-effective, sustainable, and smart
- Conventional asymmetrical floodlight
- Available with narrow, medium and wide optics for flexibility in use; sharp beam cut-off for excellent control of spill light and limitation of glare and upward light leakage
- Can be used with metal-halide lamps for good color rendering or high pressure sodium lamps for economical operation
- Innovative floodlight with dedicated optics that ensure maximum optical efficiency and enable accurate light distribution with a minimum of spill light
- Advanced Philips system controls and sensors enable additional energy savings (up to 65%) in area lighting applications
- Minimized maintenance costs thanks to longlasting LEDs and the floodlights thermal management system