LED Lighting For Your Commercial Project
Commercial LED Lighting Design & Installation
Commercial LED lighting is now one of the most popular forms of energy efficiency to consider. Organisations are finding that upgrading to LED lighting has benefits for their staff’s wellbeing, and the general aesthetics and feel of the workplace can improve productivity. Coupled with the huge reduction in running costs, long term carbon reduction and a very small maintenance requirement, LED really is a winner all-round!! Empower Energy’s attention to detail with design, and commitment to quality both with products and installation, has brought us an enviable reputation. Our partnership with Philips has brought together the latest intelligent lighting solutions on the market today, with the know-how and back-up that Empower is synonymous with.
Why The Right Technology For Your Commercial LED Lighting Project?
Light Emitting Diodes have come a long way over the last few years… The poor colour rendering and ghostly whites are a thing of the past and their efficiency is constantly improving. Not all LED’s are the same and there are many manufacturers worldwide on the internet claiming “they have the best and they will last for ever”. We only use quality lights from the best known brands and with the highest luminous efficacy. Coupled with our unrivalled customer service ensures customer satisfaction from conception right through to delivery.
Choosing The Right Commercial LED Lighting For Your Project
- Understanding what LED fitting you require when upgrading existing lights is important. Is the light level sufficient at the moment? Is the colour temperature (whiteness compared to daylight) correct? It is not just about the power as the more efficient light sources will have a higher lumen per watt output, so the wattage is not a level of brightness. Instead, light output is measured in lumens, the higher the lumens the brighter your light will be. It is usually worth having a lighting design undertaken and a free consultation with one of our experts.
- Although LEDs, are still more expensive than the traditional lights try not to be put off by the upfront cost. Respected manufacturers will warrant their lights for 5 years or 50,000 hours, and the expected lifespan of these fittings is far beyond this. Up to 75% electricity savings can be achieved, meaning that there is a strong financial case for upgrading to LED. Commercial installations can factor in the cost of reduced maintenance requirements and the cost of replacement lamps.
- Return on Investment:,Your investment can be paid back in less than two years in some cases. With a fully fitted solution from Empower, you can realise the true ROI and not just the cost of the light fittings themselves. The more hours per year the lights are used, the quicker the payback.
- Financing Your Project:, Empower are Carbon Trust accredited suppliers with grants available for LED projects within the commercial sectors, and finance through our gold partnership with Siemens financial services. Philips capital solutions are also available. Capital expenditure, dependant on size of the project can be a deciding factor for organisations considering projects such as these. Leasing or financing options work on financing the project costs and the electricity savings covering the loan repayments.
Green Warehouse Commercial LED Lighting
Your Warehouse Your Way
In the past, conventional lighting technology and lack of lighting controls meant that lighting had to be permanently on for safety. In 24/7 operations such as warehouses, this was costly to run and not sustainable. Now, GreenWarehouse puts an end to those days – by delivering lighting ‘on-demand’. GreenWarehouse is a future-proof and flexible lighting system designed for a facility of any size and is suitable for both open spaces and racking.
It’s a perfect solution for new build or retrofit projects – simply replace existing light fixtures point for point, and add wireless controls. Easy to implement and install, it means you can have your warehouse, your way.
Commercial LED Lighting Case Studies
Key FactsSavings 70%
Payback 3.5 years
Key FactsAnnual Savings £7,868
Expected Annual Usage 33,660 KWh
Key Industrial Equipment
Key FactsHigh Bay Linear
Low Bay Lighting
Full Panorama LED Lighting
Philips Green Commercial LED Lighting Parking System
Car Park Commercial LED Lighting
Create a safe and secure environment in your parking garage with sustainable, energy efficient LED lighting systems from Philips. Because they deliver the right amount of light when and where it's needed, our lighting systems save energy while keeping people safe. Uniform illumination reduces shadows and eliminates dark corners, so pedestrians feel safer and drivers enjoy good visibility.
In addition to providing high-quality light, LEDs offer long useful life, which means you’ll have to change lamps less often, reducing maintenance costs. Philips works with you to create tailored systems that meet the specific requirements of your unique parking structures.
Saving Your Energy While Keeping Your Visitors Safe
Very often, lighting needs to remain on 24/7, leading to a high use of energy and increased costs. As a result, there are two challenges for the owners and managers of parking facilities: creating a warm and reassuring environment, while also saving on costs and maintenance.
With the innovative GreenParking system, there’s no need to compromise on safety in order to achieve savings. In fact, running costs can be reduced by up to 80% with the use of energy-efficient LED technology.
What’s more, with long-life LEDs, maintenance is cut to a minimum too – another way of saving on cost as well as reducing inconvenience.
GreenParking is a wireless lighting system that works perfectly as a retrofit solution, complies with regulations and delivers outstanding energy savings.
3D Modelling Software
How We Calculate Your New Commercial LED Lighting Project.
With the rising cost of energy and ever increasing demand for high efficiency lighting, the LED market is rapidly expanding. LEDs promise high efficiency, but the cost is still higher than traditional lighting. So how can Empower Energy design team get more light out of an LED design to reduce the lights required ? Let’s take a look at how we design your new Commercial LED lighting: The Dialux software design tool draws from an extensive library of LEDs, drivers and heat sinks to design your complete lighting system. Dialux software enables our in-house design team to perform real-time comparisons using 3D graphical visualisation.
We start the design by understanding your existing lighting and existing LUX levels and from this point we then need an understanding of what your requirements are within the areas we are designing. Usually this will have been ascertained from our site assessment and consultation.
So, for example if we design a manufacturing area, the required LUX could be between 700 and 1000 depending on Clients requirements. We start with our on-site technical survey to calculate the size of the area and height of the existing lighting and measure the lighting levels to understand the existing LUX levels. Our designers input the measurements and build the area. Once we have the full design built into the software, we then select the desired light output in lumens and the right luminaire and populate our 3D modelling software.
British American Tobacco Case Study
Empower Energy were commissioned by British & American Tobacco to undertake a full re-modelling of their restaurant lighting system at their head office. British & American Tobacco were very keen to be able to control the ambient lighting within the restaurant and benefit from daylight harvesting. By installing DALI dimmable LED lighting, they achieved ultimate control dependant on daylight and occupancy and saving over 40% on the previous energy requirements.
Luctra Perfect Daylight LED Lighting
LUCTRA® - PERFECT LED DAY LIGHT
LUCTRA® is the first biologically effective LED lamp system for the workplace which makes this knowledge available for use by everyone. All human beings have their own personal biorhythms. The more closely our daily routine follows this rhythm, the better we feel and the better we perform. Daylight is the signal generator which synchronises our inner rhythm with the natural course of the day.
The biological effect of the light from LUCTRA® LED office lamps has been proven in a clinical study led by PD Dr. Dieter Kunz. LUCTRA® is the first workplace lamp for which such systematic evidence has been established. In addition to designer table lamps, the LUCTRA® range includes various models of designer floor lamps.
LED Lighting Concept
Good light is important for people's health and well-being. Especially in the workplace, high-quality lighting contributes to the increased productivity of employees. LUCTRA® goes a step further and redefines quality light for the workplace with its proven biologically effective lighting. LUCTRA® lighting almost entirely reproduces the colour spectrum of sunlight, so as a daylight lamp it has a stabilizing effect on your daily biological rhythm. Discover the advantages of an intelligent light that is based on people's individual needs.
Latest LED Lighting Technology
High levels of illumination, very uniform light distribution and a broad colour spectrum - discover the advantages LUCTRA® offers thanks to modern LED technology.
Intuitive Operation Thanks to Vitacore
Create your individual lighting profile so your LUCTRA® lamp can independently support the natural course of your day by varying the colour of the light it provides.
Linear Table Pro Base
Linear Table Pro
Radial Table Pro Base
Floor Office Lamps
Intelligent Street Lighting
Uridium is a family of road-lighting luminaires designed for two main applications – residential areas, minor roads, major roads and motorways. Its modularity allows the integration of optical or electronic components in order to adapt to the changing demands of road lighting, e.g. the growing demand for white light and controls. Iridium ensures low cost of ownership thanks to its superior optics, dimming and Telemanagement capability, and ease of installation and maintenance.
The Iridium luminaire family includes MASTERColour CDM Elite MW, CosmoPolis and LED-enabled versions. It comes in four different sizes – for mounting heights from 3.5 to 12 meters – and is suitable for side-entry and post-top mounting. A full range of brackets ensures visual consistency between the column and the gently rounded luminaire, making Iridium a total solution.Each Iridium luminaire is fully recyclable; only the light source and driver have to be recycled separately.
- Family includes MASTERColour CDM Elite MW, CosmoPolis and LED-enabled versions
- Superior optics
- Dimming and Telemanagement capability
- Three different sizes, suitable for side-entry and post-top mounting; also full range of brackets
- Fully recyclable. Only light source and driver have to be recycled separately
OccuSwitch Smart Sensors
A Range Of Movement Detectors With Built In Daylight Harvesting
OccuSwitch DALI is a combined sensor and controller and will dim and switch the lights in a room or area upon occupancy and according to the available daylight, with options for local override, parallel operation and network links to Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Energy savings of up to 55% and good pay-back
- Works with almost all lamp- and luminaire types
- Easy to install, enables even faster installation by optional Wieland connectors.
- OccuSwitch has a smart timer that will extend the delay time by 10 minutes if movement is detected shortly after switch-off, assuming that the area is still in use but there is very little movement
- The OccuSwitch has a retractable shield that can be used to shield off areas, e.g. corridors, adjacent to the area the OccuSwitch is controlling
- The OccuSwitch is designed for use in offices, schools and similar applications, including toilets, storage rooms, etc
- It is optimised for recessed ceiling mounting and for mounting heights between 2.5 and 4 metres
- The surface box also enables surface mounting, with either recessed wiring or surface-mounted ducts
LRM1015/00 OS Mov Det Wide Area CS
Ceiling mountable, 2000 W, 360° movement detector
STEINEL Professional IR QuattroThe extremely high-definition Presence Control PRO IR Quattro HD KNX infrared presence detector with the unique square detection zone and KNX interface.
LRM1032/00 OS Mov Det Switch 3w WR DINWall mountable, movement detector switch capable of switching 2000 W
LRM1011/10 OS Mov Det incl P-Pack CSCeiling mountable, very small outline, 1000 W, 360° movement detector, including powerpack
LRM1040/00 OS Mov Det IP54 240 dgrWall, ceiling or corner mountable, 2000VA, 240 movement detector - White
LRM1020/00 OS MOV DET CorridorCeiling or wall mountable, 1000 W, 360° (180° for wall) movement detector
LRM1010/00 OS MOV DET SmallA small occupancy sensor (70mm diameter, 60mm hole) that can switch up to 600VA of fluorescent lighting and a detection range of 20 till 25m. Typical applications are cell and open plan offices.
LRM1080/00 SENSR MOV DET ST IRCeiling mountable, 1380 VA, 360° movement detector - Advanced
Frequently asked Commercial LED Lighting questions
LED lighting Installs
- November 16, 2018
- January 29, 2018
- November 30, 2017