If you have a Samil Inverter showing an error or fault code, here is a list of the most common errors and possible solutions that could occur with the Samil SolarRiver range of inverters.
1. Turn off the "solar supply main switch" located in the switchboard.
2. Turn off the "solar array DC isolator" located next to the input terminals of the inverter.
3. Do not open plug and socket connectors or PV string isolator under load
Blank Screen (No response)
1. Ensure the DC Isolator is at the 'ON' position.
2. Ensure the DC voltage is high enough to run the inverter For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
1. Ensure the fan is not blocked by insects / dust or dirt. For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
OVR / UVR / OFR / UFR
1. Record the grid voltage and frequency from LCD screen
2. Wait unit 24 hours - check for standard operation and insure the inverter goes back to working normally. For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
1. Ensure the AC isolator is at the 'ON' position.
2. Ensure the AC connector has not been loosend or dropped from the bottom of the inverter. For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
1. Input voltage - read the VDS from LCD screen to ensure the rating is higher than 150V For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
PV Over Voltage Or High DC Bus
1. Input voltage - read the VDS from LCD screen to ensure the rating is below 550V For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
Consistent Fault / GFCI Failure / SCI Failure / DC Sensor Failure / Relay Failure
1. Restart the inverter (shut down the DC and AC isolator, wait for a couple of minutes before turn the DC and AC isolator back on) to see if the resumes functioning. For further assistance please contact us on 01202 821000
Is Your PV System Under-Performing ?
Is your existing inverter out of warranty? Retrofit to a SolarEdge system to retrieve your lost energy and gain module-level monitoring and DC safety in a simple and cost effective installation.
Why Retrofit ?
Many installed PV systems under-perform over the course of their lifetimes, costing the system owner in lost energy and revenue. While the performance ratio of PV systems, which is the ratio between the theoretical and actual energy yield, has improved over the years, there are several factors which continue to cause energy loss due to module mismatch.
SolarEdge Optimisation & Monitoring Portal
SolarEdge full panel-level monitoring, cloud-based monitoring platform provides insight into household solar production & consumption, displaying the power flow between the panel array, battery, grid and house loads as well as tracking real-time system data. Each panel works independently rather than as a string of several panels.
MPPT per entire string - all modules receive the same current, regardless of their individual MPP
Weak modules reduce the performance of all modules in the string or are bypassed
Power losses due to module mismatch
MPPT per module - current & voltage adjusted per module
Maximum power from each module individually
2%-25% more energy from the PV system
Upgrade Your Existing System Today
At Empower Energy we have been installing SolarEdge retrofits as an upgrade to their current system with free full online monitoring which allows the Client to understand the performance of the system in real time.
In general most inverter installations back in 2010 came with a standard 5-years warranty which has now expired, with the retrofit upgrade inverters come with our standard product warranty of 20-years and importantly means that you will be covered up to the end of your Feed in Tariff.
Contact Us Today Using Our Form Below
Solar Maintenance - Full-Service Maintenance Programs
At Empower Energy, we offer solar maintenance including a full-service maintenance program for your peace of mind. Solar systems need to be maintained to ensure maximum output efficiency over their lifetime. Maintaining your solar system can increase your energy production. Our professional teams perform a full electrical test as well as inspecting and cleaning the panels.
Test & Inspection package will allow us to proactively identify when solar panel maintenance or a solar panel repair is required. With regular visits we will ensure your system is performing to 100% of its capabilities ensuring maximum returns from your investment.
When problems arise, we react quickly to resolve them and provide you with continued energy savings. Our expert teams can install replacement parts under warranty and even provide upgraded products with greater benefits to you.
Contact Us Today On 01202 821000 For More Information On Our Maintenance Package
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.